Where does the name "Faders" come from?

We get asked this a lot.

Many people assume that our last name is Fader. Nope!

Faders are the little volume sliders found at the bottom of audio mixing boards (consoles). When Faders Music & Recording (as we were called at the time) opened in 2007 we had an in-house project recording studio.

The ironic thing is that with modern digital recording technology, actual faders often aren't even used. It's all done on your computer screen (or tablet, or phone) inside the recording software.

The name "Faders" was chosen to reflect our passion for recording but was also meant to be a throwback to the good old days of recording equipment.

We also thought it was a cool word that looked good as a logo ;)