Faders has an awesome team of music teachers who are here to help you succeed as you learn your instrument. We have a fun, low pressure & supportive environment when it comes to our store and our lessons. Everyday we hear how our students look forward to their weekly lessons & we wouldn't have it any other way!
- Lessons cost $17-$25 per half hour (see below)
- Lessons are 30 mins long once a week at the same day & time
- We have amazing teachers several of whom have been with us for 5+ years & some who are former Faders music students!
Need to cancel a lesson?
It's no problem with our simple lesson rollover policy :)
- Lessons are available 6 days a week
- You can sign up and start anytime
- Your teacher will customize your lessons based on your interests
- Student instrument rentals are available
- Our teaching studios are stocked with high quality instruments
Music Lesson Rates
Faders Student Membership - $49.99
This is a one time registration fee that covers your entire family forever.
(you don't have to re-register every year)
Faders Student Benefits
- 15% discount on music books
- Unlimited online printed course materials
- Exclusive student deals & promos
- Special student pricing on instruments & accessories
- Monthly contests & prizes
Frequently Asked Questions
- What instruments do you teach at Faders?
We offer private lessons in: guitar, bass, piano, drums, voice, violin, ukulele, mandolin & banjo
- How old do you have to be to start Music Lessons?
We offer private music lessons for ages 5 and up. We have many students of all ages and skill levels. Adult and senior lessons are very popular too.
- What happens if I have to cancel or miss a lesson? Do I lose that lesson?
At Faders we just don't feel right about charging you for a lesson you didn't get. So our lesson cancellation policy is super friendly & simple to understand.
If you have to miss a lesson - for any reason - all you have to do is let us know ahead of time (even 1 hour notice is fine) and your lesson will simply roll over to the next week free of charge. This applies if you are sick, on holidays or just have a scheduling conflict. Your time slot will always be held and waiting for you. (the only time you will pay for a missed lesson is if you "no show")
It's easy to cancel a lesson 24 hours a day:
You can call us at the store: (204) 571-0428
You can email us at: email@example.com
You can text us at: (204) 721-1102
You can also send us a message on Facebook or Instagram: Faders Brandon
- Do I need to own an instrument to take lessons?
Short answer: yes. To get the most value from your lessons you should have a decent quality instrument at home to practice on. We have lots of guitars, drum kits & keyboards available for sale at Faders - some starting under $100.
If you want to try some lessons before purchasing an instrument you can always rent one and see how it goes. Of course if you decide to purchase your rented instrument a portion of your rent will be applied to the purchase price!
- How long does it take to learn to play an instrument?
That’s a tricky question.. we suggest starting with a 10 pack of lessons and try to practice about 10-15 minutes a day - 4 to 5 days a week. You might be surprised how fast you progress!
- I'm interested in taking piano lessons. Do I need a piano or can I use a keyboard?
If you have a traditional acoustic piano (that’s in tune) that's great! Electronic pianos are a great choice as well (we stock several models starting at $499).
Portable keyboards are a very popular choice for beginners & are perfect for the first 2 or 3 years of lessons. Faders stocks several portable keyboards for beginners starting at under $200 (you can rent one too).
- What is the best instrument to learn on?
Your choice! Guitar, piano, drums – whatever you are most interested in. We have keyboards, guitars & drums available for kids as young as 4-5 years old.
- My kid really wants to play electric guitar but I think they should start on piano or acoustic guitar first. Am I right in thinking that?
There was a time when that made sense. But not anymore! Here's why.. learning an instrument is a challenge and does take time & discipline. In this age of constant distractions (ie: gaming, social media, Netflix) it has become more important than ever to start on the instrument that inspires you - right from the start. That gives the student a much better chance of sticking with it & not giving up due to boredom or lack of interest. (beginner instruments are all in the same ballpark cost-wise)
- Can we take a “trial” lesson to start?
Sure! We would be happy to find a spot for you to try out a lesson at Faders on any instrument you like. The standard rate applies to the trial lesson.
- Will I learn music theory and to read music?
Music theory is definitely a part of any quality music lesson program. All of the teachers at Faders are qualified to provide both the practical playing side of the lessons and also as much theory as you want or need. Every student is different so the teacher will create a lesson that best fits each individual.
- Do you offer lessons for adults?
Adults are always welcome and in fact make up a good portion of our new lesson students. It’s never too late to get started!
- When can I sign up?
Anytime. We offer lessons 12 months a year 6 days a week.
The lesson rates are the same for all lessons (guitar, piano, drums, voice, bass, ukulele, mandolin, violin). Any unused lessons at the end of the school year can be used in the summer or carried over to the following fall session. Once you have used up your lessons you can simply purchase another pack and keep your same lesson slot.
Want more info? Click here.