- Lessons cost $17-$25 per half hour (see below)
- Lessons are 30 mins long once a week at the same day & time
- We have amazing teachers several of whom have been with us for 5+ years & some who are former Faders music students!
Need to cancel a lesson?
It's no problem with our simple lesson rollover policy :)
- Lessons are available 6 days a week
- You can sign up and start anytime
- Your teacher will customize your lessons based on your interests
- Our teaching studios are stocked with high quality instruments
Music Lesson Rates
Faders Student Membership - $49.99
This is a one time registration fee that covers your entire family forever.
(you don't have to re-register every year)
Faders Student Benefits
- 15% discount on music books
- Unlimited online printed course materials
- Exclusive student deals & promos on selected instruments & accessories
- Cool contests & prizes
Frequently Asked Questions
- What instruments do you teach at Faders?
We offer private lessons in: guitar, bass, piano, drums, voice & ukulele
- How old do you have to be to start Music Lessons?
We offer private music lessons for ages 5 and up. We have many students of all ages and skill levels. Adult and senior lessons are very popular too.
- What happens if I have to cancel or miss a lesson? Do I lose that lesson?
At Faders we just don't feel right about charging you for a lesson you didn't get. So our lesson cancellation policy is super friendly & simple to understand.
If you have to miss a lesson - for any reason - all you have to do is let us know ahead of time (even 1 hour notice is fine) and your lesson will simply roll over to the next week free of charge. This applies if you are sick, on holidays or just have a scheduling conflict. Your time slot will always be held and waiting for you. (the only time you will pay for a missed lesson is if you "no show")
It's easy to cancel a lesson 24 hours a day:
You can call us at the store: (204) 571-0428
You can email us at: email@example.com
You can text us at: (204) 721-1102
You can also send us a message on Facebook or Instagram: Faders Brandon
- Do I need to own an instrument to take lessons?
Short answer: yes. To get the most value from your lessons you should have a decent quality instrument at home to practice on. We have lots of guitars, drum kits & keyboards available for sale at Faders - some starting under $100. Ask about our Student Instrument Buyback if you are unsure about purchasing an instrument.
- How long does it take to learn to play an instrument?
That’s a tricky question.. we suggest starting with a 10 pack of lessons and try to practice about 10-15 minutes a day - 4 to 5 days a week. You might be surprised how fast you progress!
- I'm interested in taking piano lessons. Do I need a piano or can I use a keyboard?
If you have a traditional acoustic piano (that’s in tune) that's great! Electronic pianos are a great choice as well (we stock several models starting at $499).
Portable keyboards are a very popular choice for beginners & are perfect for the first 2 or 3 years of lessons. Faders stocks several portable keyboards for beginners starting at under $200.
- What is the best instrument to learn on?
Your choice! Guitar, piano, drums – whatever you are most interested in. We have keyboards, guitars & drums available for kids as young as 4-5 years old.
- My kid really wants to play electric guitar but I think they should start on piano or acoustic guitar first. Am I right in thinking that?
There was a time when that made sense. But not anymore! Here's why.. learning an instrument is a challenge and does take time & discipline. In this age of constant distractions (ie: gaming, social media, Netflix) it has become more important than ever to start on the instrument that inspires you - right from the start. That gives the student a much better chance of sticking with it & not giving up due to boredom or lack of interest. (beginner instruments are all in the same ballpark cost-wise)
- Can we take a “trial” lesson to start?
Sure! We would be happy to find a spot for you to try out a lesson at Faders on any instrument you like. The trial lesson costs $25.
- Will I learn music theory and to read music?
Music theory is definitely a part of any quality music lesson program. All of the teachers at Faders are qualified to provide both the practical playing side of the lessons and also as much theory as you want or need. Every student is different so the teacher will create a lesson that best fits each individual.
- Do you offer lessons for adults?
Adults are always welcome and in fact make up a good portion of our new lesson students. It’s never too late to get started!
- When can I sign up?
Anytime. We offer lessons 12 months a year 6 days a week.
Important Dates 2019/2020 School Year
Sept 9 (Monday):: First day of regular lesson season
Oct 14 (Monday):: Thanksgiving - no lessons
Oct 31 (Thursday):: Halloween - no lessons
Nov 11 (Monday):: Remembrance Day - no lessons
Dec 21 (Saturday):: Last day of lessons before Holidays
Jan 6 (Monday):: First day back after Holidays
Feb 17 (Monday):: Louis Riel Day - no lessons
March 28 (Saturday):: Last day of lessons before Spring Break
March 30 (Monday):: Spring Break begins - no lessons
Apr 6 (Monday):: First day back after Spring Break
May 18 (Monday):: Victoria Day - no lessons
Jun 27 (Saturday):: Last Day of regular lesson season
July & August - Summer Lessons - ask for details
The lesson rates are the same for all lessons (guitar, piano, drums, voice, bass, ukulele, mandolin, violin). Any unused lessons at the end of the school year can be used in the summer or carried over to the following fall session. Once you have used up your lessons you can simply purchase another pack and keep your same lesson slot.
Want more info? Click here.